Sunday, January 6, 2008

christmas in january

Saturday we took a road trip to my grandma's apartment complex for our extended family Christmas. My grandma has 4 children, 10 grandchildren, and 12 great-grandchildren (with another to arrive in July!). The great-grandchildren are all 8 and under (the youngest is only a few weeks old) and man, did they have fun!! We all had a good time, eating lots of good food...talking...watching the kids...opening gifts...etc. It was a wonderful Christmas celebration, it's so great of my grandma to organize and host it each year. I didn't get many pictures because I was busy enjoying the moment, but I did manage to get a few....

Anna opening her gifts

Steve being teased by Carter and Ella - so he "pretended" he was going to pop a balloon with his car key (can you see it in the picture?).

Soon after, a balloon did pop...the kids yelled, and thereafter named him "the BIG MEANIE" and began beating on him with their balloons and attaching themselves to his legs while he tried to walk. It was pretty funny to watch!!!

No comments: