Monday, January 28, 2008

decisions, decisions

This morning...

Me: "Anna, are you hungry for breakfast?"
Anna: "No"
Me: "Would you like waffles or oatmeal?"
Anna: "Miwk"
Me: "Milk it is then"

5 mins later

Me: "Anna, would you like waffles or oatmeal?"
Anna: "Waw wul"
(10 mins later the plate is empty and I hear...)
Anna: "Waw wul!" "Mommy...waw wul!!!"
Me: "Oh! Another waffle! Okey dokey!"

10 mins later, in the bathtub

Me: "Anna, can mommy have the washcloth and I'll wash you up?"
Anna: "No" (as she plunges it into the water)
Me: "Let's wash you up so we can go and play"
Anna: "ANNA"
Me: "Oh, you want to do it?"
Anna: (big grin)

5 mins later, standing in front of her closet

Me: "Anna, do you want to wear this today?" (holding out an outfit of blue pants and shirt)
Anna: "No!"
Me: (thinking out loud) "Hmmm, what should you wear today then?"
Anna: "Dis" as she grabs a turquoise shirt & leggings from the closet
Me: "Oh, you want to wear this today?"
Anna: "Yesssss"
Anna: "On" (as she wraps it around her chest)

OK, I guess we turned 3 overnight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really know I love this girl... Knows what she wants and how to get it. I hope she keeps this for life. Love, Granka