
Happy New Year!
We hope you had a wonderful evening ringing in the new year! We spent a quiet night at home - my darling husband cooked a feast of King Crab Legs (so delicious!) and we relaxed, it was a nice way to end what was a very wonderful year for us.
Today we began the new year with a yummy lunch at my mom's (thank you mom!). Anna enjoyed playing with Grandma Minnie's toys and eating baby fishy crackers. It was a very enjoyable day, the food was so good (as always) and we were cozy and relaxed. I hope we have many more days like this ahead.
The beginning of a new year is always bittersweet for me. Every year when I take down all of the Christmas decorations and pack them away for another year I have such conflicting emotions. On one hand, it's kind of sad to put all of those things away. It's a holiday and season that I look forward to for so long and enjoy so much, and then suddenly "poof" it's over, and another year has come and gone. Yet at the same time, it's very refreshing to think of the start of a new year. New things to hope for in the year ahead, new things to work toward, to learn, to change or to continue doing. I spend a lot of time thinking about this.
But, that probably doesn't surprise those of you who know me. I am a "planner". And therefore, I am definitely a resolution person. Are you? My resolutions aren't always things I want to change, and they aren't always big or hard or life-changing. For me they are there to give me some direction in the 12 months to come.
So, this year I have a number of resolutions. I figured I would share them with you internets so that I have some form of accountability other than just myself. Here goes:
Education
- Learn to sew
Physical
- Re-establish a regular workout routine (at least 3 times per week)
Community
- Find a way to volunteer on a regular basis (at least once a month)
Personal
- Figure out a way to worry less / feel guilty less (not so small or easy)
- Figure out a way to worry less / feel guilty less (not so small or easy)
I have lots of hopes for the new year too - but those I'll keep to my conversations with God. Afterall, most of those are not up to me.
Do you have any fun or interesting things that you do to kick off a new year? Any resolutions you care to share? Wishing you all a very happy and healthy year ahead.
No comments:
Post a Comment