Friday, January 4, 2008

valentine skirt

My first sewing project (well, since 6th grade anyway). A borrowed sewing machine, needles, thread, and scissors. A gifted pattern. A trip to JoAnn Fabrics for (more) fabric, elastic, ribbon, and hearts. A few swear words, and here's what we have!



I actually think it turned out pretty well. The stitching isn't super straight, and I didn't do some of the things that the pattern called for (like finishing the ends before hemming) because I had no idea how to do them...but I think it still turned out OK and wearable. AND, it even fits her! I think it will look great with her red turtleneck and red tights for Valentine's.

Hopefully I will learn some things to make the next one more polished at my sewing class. I signed up for 2 nights of sewing (we make a bag of some sort)...should be fun! If that turns out I'll share a pic with you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a fast learner and this is absolutely cute! Anna will benefit from such fun ideas. I know you'll enjoy the sewing classes. Can't wait to see the finished product! Once you start, there is no end to what you can create. Have fun.
Love, Norma

Anonymous said...

Wow! Anna is one lucky little girl. I can't wait to see her in it. You continue to amaze me.

Love, Mom